Entity Admin Action Items
Your assistance is needed during the transition from the SumTotal LMS to Saba.
REVIEW ALL USER LISTS
- Archive any users who are no longer employees
- Update job titles, departments, and supervisors as necessary.
Note: In preparation for transferring user data to the Saba LMS, any user who hasn’t logged into the SumTotal LMS, or been assigned a training or attended a CIS instructor-led training since Jan. 1, 2017, their records (and their status) have moved to archived . We will be exporting and maintaining training records for all users (active/inactive/ archived) from SumTotal, but only active users will initially be set up to access the Saba LMS. So, it is important that you review your user lists as soon as possible to ensure they are up-to-date. If you need to reactivate an archived user account, you can find and access them through the Advanced Search in the User Manager, or contact us for assistance.
REVIEW USER EMAIL ADDRESSES
Make sure all user email addresses are:
- Functional (can send and receive email),
- Unique to the individual, and
- Work-related (not a personal email address)
We’ll continue using email addresses as usernames in the Saba LMS. For employees who don’t have a work email address or who share an email address, you will need to create one for each individual so he or she can receive notifications from the new system. Unique email addresses also are necessary because the benefits enrollment system that CIS has just begun developing will utilize the same user database as the Saba LMS and will also require email addresses for notification.
If your entity does not have its own email system, you may set up email addresses for individuals using a free email service such as Outlook.com or Gmail. If you have any questions, please contact us.
REVIEW YOUR LEARNING PLANS, COURSES, AND RESOURCES
- Archive any that are outdated or will not be assigned in the future.
- Follow up on incompletes – if the assignment is no longer valid, unassign.
- Take a screenshot or run a Learning Plan report for your files, so you remember which courses you included in your current plans. Since we are changing course vendors, Learning Plans will not be transferred.
- We will work with you to create new plans (curriculum) in the Saba system.
REVIEW OUTSTANDING ASSIGNMENTS
- Check your dashboard report for any course assignments older than Jan. 1, 2017. Remove assignments and reassign if necessary.
- Encourage/expect learners to complete all elective and assigned courses before Dec. 31, 2018.
- No assignments will be carried forward into the new system
Contact us if you have any new courses or resources that you need to assign between now and Dec. 31, 2018. The cut-off date to set up these items is Wednesday, Oct. 31.
RUN TRAINING REPORTS
If you have custom reports created and scheduled, we suggest running a final report prior to Friday, Jan. 11. The custom reports will not be transferred to the new system.
New Learning Management System and Course Content for 2019
New vendors for our CIS Learning Center have been selected. We selected Saba Cloud as our learning management system (LMS) provider and OpenSesame for course content. We will continue to offer a variety of courses, especially topics that have the highest usage and those required for OSHA and other certifications. More details will be forthcoming as we move into the implementation process this month. The roll-out to members will begin January 2019. We will be posting regular updates and action items on this page. Check here for the most up-to-date information. We are looking forward to creating a user-friendly and engaging learning environment.